- Reduced inventory of listings (233 vs a record 267 last year)
- 31 high-end $2,000,000+ sales (vs 34 last year).
- Top sale: $4,800,000, 250 Country Drive, Weston.
- LandVest’s markets continue to improve in volume and turnover, with significant record sales.
- Special properties, expertly presented, reaching out to a broad market with a strong value proposition, are well received by the market.
In Middlesex County, Massachusetts, in the first quarter of 2017, the inventory of high-end listings contracted to 233 listings from a record level of 267 last year.
In Middlesex, the high-end market is predominately in the $2-$3 million range.
Sales in the first quarter of 2017 were reduced with 31 sales vs 34 in 2016 and 40 in 2015.
First Quarter 2017 Top Sale
Property: 250 Country Drive • Town: Weston • Selling price: $4,800,000
This new construction has 9,500 square feet on 2.3 acres. Amenities include great room with stone fireplace, six bedrooms with designer en-suite bathrooms, and eight-car garage. Location is just 20 minutes to Boston.
Highest & Median Sale
Days on Market
Days on market for high-end sales increased to 189 from 136 last year and are slightly above the average from 2008-2017 of 177.
Sales by Town
Eight of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, had high-end sales in the first quarter of 2017: Belmont, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Newton, and Weston.
For additional information about LandVest’s brokerage, real estate consulting, and appraisal services, please contact: