- Large inventory of listings (147 vs a record 159 last year)
- Record 227 High-End $2,000,000+sales (vs 215 last year)
- Top sale: $6,700,000, 383 River Road, Carlisle
- LandVest’s markets continue to improve in volume, turnover, and with significant record sales
- Special properties, expertly presented, reaching out to a broad market with a strong value proposition, are well received by the market
In Middlesex County, Massachusetts, at the end of 2016 the inventory of high-end listings contracted slightly to 147 compared to the record 159 at the same time last year, and is sharply down from 235 at the end of Q3.
In Middlesex, the high-end market is predominately in the $2-$3 million range.
Sales in 2016 were strong with 227 sales vs. 215 in 2015 and 161 in 2014.
2016 Top Sale
Property: 383 River Road • Town: Carlisle • Selling price: $6,700,000
The 1992 Georgian mansion has 10,680 sq ft, an attached apartment above a 3-car garage, a separate 2-car carriage house, and pool. The house is sited on 8.3 acres with an additional 18.5 acres.
Highest & Median Sale
Days on Market
Days on market for high-end sales decreased to 145 in 2016 from 153 last year and are lower than the average from 2007-2016 of 172.
Sales by Town
Fifteen of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, had high-end sales in 2016: Belmont, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Framingham, Hopkinton, Lexington, Lincoln, Natick, Newton, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Weston, and Winchester
Over the period 2007-2016, Newton is the leader with 386 sales followed by Weston (280), Cambridge (206), and Concord (124).
For additional information about LandVest’s brokerage, real estate consulting, and appraisal services, please contact: