- Record high-end $2,000,000+ sales (182 vs 162 last year)
- Large inventory of listings (235 vs a record 245 last year)
- Top sale: $6,700,000, 383 River Road, Carlisle
- LandVest’s markets continue to improve in volume, turnover, and with significant record sales
- Special properties, expertly presented, reaching out to a broad market with a strong value proposition, are well received by the market
In Middlesex County, Massachusetts, at the end of the third quarter of 2016 the inventory of high-end listings contracted slightly to 235 compared to the record 245 at the same time last year.
On Middlesex, the high-end market is predominately in the $2-$3 million range.
Sales in the first three quarters of 2016 were strong with 182 sales vs. 162 in 2015 and 113 in 2014.
Q1-Q3 Top Sale
Property: 383 River Road • Town: Carlisle • Selling price: $6,700,000
The 1992 Georgian mansion has 10,680 sq ft, an attached apartment above a 3 car garage, a separate 2 car carriage house, and pool. The house is sited on 8.3 acres with an additional 18.5 acres.
Highest & Median Sale
Days on Market
Days on market for high-end sales decreased to 140 in the first three quarters of 2016 from 143 last year and are lower than the average from 2007-2016 of 168. Improving demand is resulting in quicker sales.
Sales by Town
Fourteen of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, had high-end sales in the first three quarters of 2016: Belmont, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Framingham, Hopkinton, Lexington, Lincoln, Natick, Newton, Sherborn, Wayland, Weston, and Winchester.
For additional information about LandVest’s brokerage, real estate consulting, and appraisal services, please contact: