Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a lover of great locavore dining or simply enjoy a stroll through the locally-owned shops and boutiques, the quaint village of Woodstock, Vermont has something for everyone, especially during this holiday season. Voted one of Vermont’s Top Ten Winter Events, Woodstock’s Wassail Weekend begins on December 9 and continues through Dec 11.
Besides the horse-drawn carriages and the festival’s holiday cheer and activities, here are five other reasons to spend a winter weekend in Woodstock, Vermont:
- Great Shopping. From the classic country stores like Gillingham’s General Store (keys to luxury chocolates) to stylish boutiques like Sudie’s and Elevation Clothing.
- Local Treats. Smoked maple syrup? Dark chocolate with bacon? Check out the Vermont offerings at the Woodstock Farmers Market.
- A Walk in the Country. Two of our favorites are:
- The wide, gentle carriage roads up Mount Tom from the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park (check out our Mountain Avenue listing which backs up to Mount Tom).
- The beautiful farms of the Loop, the prettiest mile of country road we know of, in South Woodstock (check out Glenmorgan, one of those special farms on the Loop).
- Great Skiing. Cross country ski with the Woodstock Inn Nordic Center and Alpine ski just down the road at Suicide Six (boasting a new quad chair), or check out the World Cup at Killington over the Thanksgiving weekend!
- Great Places to Eat.
Visit our Woodstock page for more about the community and some great Woodstock, Vermont area real estate.
If spending a weekend in Woodstock leaves you wanting more, you will find everything from lovely country houses to farms and forestland for sale. Just contact Ruth, Chris or Story for additional information on any of our area listings.