Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in one of LandVest’s properties? We invite our owners to tell us a bit about their experience, what they love about their homes and a bit of their history. Here is what the owner of Passage View on Jones Neck in Waldoboro told us about his property, how he came to own it and what they love about living here.
Why did you build here?
Jones Neck in Waldoboro has been a summer enclave for over 100 years. I built this home on property near my family compound but with the privacy of my own on 8 acres. This view is spectacular and the main reason I chose this site, when people walk in they often whisper “this is the best view I have seen in Maine”.
The house is designed specifically for families to enjoy each other. The kitchen and living room open to each other for cooking, gathering and gaming together. The stone fireplace is center to the room, rivaled only by the views of water from all windows.
While the house is built with top of the line materials, it is a simple, easy design to mimic the basics of Maine. Pretty, serene and calm. While reading a book in the bedroom nock or on the lawn, you will often see kayakers, lobsterman and seals coasting through the water.
- You can’t beat the view. Simply stated, it’s spectacular.
- Peace and quiet. Surrounded by trees and wildflowers, the 8 acre site is comfortable and calm.
- Turn key. The home is designed to walk right in and begin living. We will even turn over the name of our caretaker, Peter, who treats this home as though it is his own.
- While private, you can get to quaint Maine villages and towns for all your family needs.
- Something for everyone. As a private summer vacation for two or a reunion spot with the Grandchildren….everyone will be happy and engaged in this paradise.
Why are you selling?
Our children have relocated to the West and we want to be closer to them.
Your favorite reason to be here.
Passage View has what we wanted for a private second home. The bonus is in the proximity to Camden, Rockland, Wiscasset and Rt 1. We can enjoy the serenity of a private island yet be in one of the major Maine towns in 40 minutes. The best of all worlds. Who wouldn’t want this?
|For more information on Passage View in Waldoboro, please visit the listing page
or contact Joseph Sortwell in our Camden office.