Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in one of LandVest’s properties? We invite our owners to tell us a bit about their experience, what they love about their homes and a bit of their history. We spoke with the owners of Crosswinds to tell us a bit about what they love about the property and a few ideal reasons to own it.
What are some of the reasons you were attracted to the property?
We chose this location for the extraordinary views of the lake and mountains in every direction. Set in a private location at the end of a peninsula, the house is beautifully constructed with granite boulders magnificently fit together. With a rambling interior, the house has nooks and crannies perfect for children’s games, rainy days, and hiding away with a good book.
What significant improvements have you made?
We added a new kitchen, new hot water baseboard and radiant heating powered by propane, new flooring where needed, new and/or remodeled baths, removal of 1960’s era paneling, trim, and wallcoverings. Outside we created new patios, walls, plantings, and walkways; added a whole house generator; a new Arts & Crafts boathouse with entirely new cribs from the lakebed up and magnificent custom woodwork, and a new garage with substantial storage.
Tell us about some of the property’s special features.
We love the granite lintels over the first floor windows and the half-moon shaped terrace out on the tip of the peninsula. It’s perfect for catching the sunset. And, of course, everyone loves the calm and protected swimming area with its sandy bottom. An inside favorite would have to be the large fireplace in the living room.
Do you have a favorite spot on the property?
It’s hard to choose just one! The patio off the kitchen is a favorite gathering spot. It’s a very easy flow from kitchen to patio, so sitting with a morning coffee or an evening drink is effortless. Another favorite is the dock, with its massive footprint and large sitting area; it’s a perfect spot for a leisurely afternoon.
We know you’re reluctantly moving due to relocation. Can you share your top reasons someone should buy this property?
- Location. Location. Location.
- With 569’ of frontage on a private peninsula, there’s majestic views of Lake George to the north, south, and west.
- Ideal for boats and swimming, the boathouse is located in a sheltered bay.
- The Pilot Knob area offers easy access to Saratoga, Vermont and to the interstate. An association for area residents offers a sense of community and social get-togethers…even Thanksgiving Dinner!
- It’s a perfect lake house. It’s easy to live in, warm and approachable with nooks and crannies and broad overhangs to keep house cool and breezy. (did we mention the views?)
- All the hard work on the property is done so the next owner can move in and just really enjoy the property.
For more information on Crosswinds, contact our Lake George listing broker
LeeAnn Modestino at LModestino@landvest.com.
For information on LandVest’s services in the Adirondacks, visit our regional listings page.