The south end of Lake Champlain is where big valleys and long-range views meet the Green and Taconic Mountains. Here are five compelling reasons why you will want to take a look at these amazing LandVest properties:
- Accessible jet service through Rutland Regional Airport with JetBlue and Cape Air offering flights to Boston for $99 and free parking. Just a 4.5 hour drive from New York City.
- Great Recreation within 10 miles of Okemo and Killington Mountain resorts. Hike the Long Trail or Appalachian Trail to Kent Pond or visit the regional lakes of Lake St. Catherine and Lake Bomoseen.
- Strong cultural history throughout the region. The historic Paramount Theater, established in 1914 as an arts, cultural and educational leader, hosts a busy schedule of top-named entertainment. Chaffee Art Center is a community supported arts and education center, and the Weston Playhouse Theater, once called “one of the most beautiful theaters in New England”, is in its 75th year. A visit to the Vermont Country Store is always a treat.
- Exceptional healthcare with the Rutland Regional Medical Center which is renowned for its pediatrics and affiliation with isport physical therapy.
- Great food can be found at the Vermont Farmers Market in Rutland, one of the largest, most diverse local farmers markets in Vermont. Or dine out at Roots and Table 24 in Rutland, Sissy’s Kitchen in Middletown Springs, or the Inn at Weston in Weston.
Four exceptional Central Vermont properties:
Bel Lana Farm represents a passion for country living and family gatherings. At the end of Old Farm Road, this 192± acre property opens to broad meadows lined by stone walls and is centered around the historic William Russell House c1854, sited on a knoll with exceptional Green Mountain views.
Fern Hill. The c1810 Asa Horton house was built in a prominent location on 207± acres with exceptional views and surrounded by large meadows and flanked by a 1 ½ acre pond.
Black House Farm with 330 acres of mixed farmland sited on a dead-end road, an east facing exposure on Tinmouth Mountain, and elevations up to 2,600 feet, is the essence of the Vermont landscape with exceptional views and privacy.
High Pond Farm is a private 386-acre retreat in a secluded mountain valley surrounded by thousands of acres of protected land.
For more information on great Central Vermont properties contact Story Jenks at 802-238-1332 or email@example.com